[Gambas-user] Reading pen pressure from wacom tablets

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Aug 18 22:02:20 CEST 2012

Le 18/08/2012 20:44, Ricardo Díaz Martín a écrit :
> Sorry but still the same issue. When you set the gb.gtk component the
> pointer type is always 0 (it means mouse detected). I don't know how you
> can configure XInput in gtk using the GIMP configuration file at runtime.

OK. I finally bought a Wacom Bamboo pen, and succeeded in getting GTK+
tablet events.

GTK+ gives me a list of all input device and the type of each one. I
decided to enable all devices that are not "Mouse" (which apparently are
enabled anyway).

>> 3) I'd like to put your project in the Gambas examples, but it has a few
>> problems. Can you fix them?
>>
>> - Controls should be made private to the form.
>>

> I usually set to public to use Me.
>

>> - It is useless and slower to write 'Me.MyControl' to access MyControl
>> from its form. Just write 'MyControl'.
>>

> I'm faster writing code when I use Me. Why? Because I usually have to make
> forms with a lot of controls (most of them textboxes) filled with database
> values. For this reason I have to use long identifiers for controls names.
> So when you are writing the code it's really easy to write Me. + the first
> part of the control name I want to use and I can easy select it from code
> completion. I know you can start writing the name of control for code
> completion but most of times I didn't remember the beginning of control's
> name. But it's only my point of view.... or maybe is a long time ugly habit
> I got! ;-) Anyway I did form controls private and delete all the Me.
>

>> - Can you use the Paint class instead of the Draw class? The Paint class
>> can draw things anti-aliased at floating-point coordinates.
>>

> I attach new version using Paint class but I can't see any difference in
> the final draw. Must it be a clear difference using Paint class instead
> Draw?

I will look at it...

--
Benoît Minisini