[Gambas-user] Bug in Printer object

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Fri Aug 17 00:58:50 CEST 2012

I think I've found a bug in the Printer object.
I have Arch Linux with Gnome 3 and this bug is present both in Gambas
3.2.1 form the Arch repos and in the IDE compiled from sources.
If I open a project that uses the Printer object, the IDE starts running
the project but no forms will never appear on the screen.
This bug seems related to CUPS and GTK as I noticed that if I stops CUPS
daemon I have this bug, if I starts CUPS before to launch the program, I
don't.
If I use the gb.gui or the gb.gtk components, I have the above
behaviour. If I use the gb.qt4 component the application runs perfectly
and the main window appears on my desktop.

How to replicate the bug:
1) stops CUPS daemon, if it's running
2) open a new GUI project under a desktop environment based on GTK (I
tried both Gnome 3 and XFCE 4.10 and I got same results) and just put
the Printer object inside the form, without any code, and start the
project.
3) the window will never appear on your deskto and no error messages
will be written in the console.

Just press stop button and try again... and again...

No problem if I use the gb.qt4 component or if I starts the CUPS daemon
before to run the project.
--
Leo

Sito personale: www.leonardomiliani.com