[Gambas-user] Balloons on menus

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Sun Aug 12 01:10:10 CEST 2012

'Morning all,

Is there some way to set a balloon on a menu item.

We have a dynamic menu in the main form that gets submenus added to it
during the course of a run.  When the program starts, there is no
sub-menus and it would be nice to alert the user that there are "No
<submenu things> found yet" rather than just silently ignoring the click
on the parent menu.  According to our resident GUI design guru, the
Balloon popup would be the nicest way to achieve this, but there does
not appear to be a way to attach the balloon to a menu item as they are
not controls.

Any ideas?

Bruce