[Gambas-user] My Raspberry Pi has arrived!

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Aug 8 21:43:42 CEST 2012

Le 08/08/2012 21:13, Emil Lenngren a écrit :
> I finally managed to compile the main components (compiler/interpreter) and
> run the benchmark "primes" (takes 430 seconds, compared to 20 seconds for
> standard x86).
>
> What I don't like is the reconf-scripts. Even for components that take ~10
> seconds to compile, I first have to run the ./reconf script (3 and a half
> minute) and then the ./configure script (takes about 1 and a half minute),
> for each component. So for most components (most components are small),
> more than 95% of the time is configuration...
>
> Question: Is it possible to throw out the autoconf scripts and use
> something faster instead?
>
> /Emil

For information, the multiple configuration scripts (one by component
directory) was a request from Jose R. Rodriguez that made Gambas Debian
binary packages.

I don't know if he still make them, because I had no answer from my mail
to the mailing-list of Debian packagers of Gambas claiming that their
packages are incorrect and do not work. But this is another story.

As for the build system: what could I use that can make Gambas compile
on Linux, FreeBSD, MacOSX, x86, x86_64, armel and armhf?

--
Benoît Minisini