[Gambas-user] Gambas on Mac OS X/MacPorts

Patrik Karlsson pata.karlsson at ...626...
Tue Aug 7 13:00:51 CEST 2012

I have read about getting Gambas running on OS X and while browsing the svn
log of Gambas I found the lines below.

* NEW: Add support for the MacPorts distribution.
* NEW: it is now available for Mac OS X 10.8
* BUG: Fix detection of X11 for the control DrawingArea on Mac OS X 10.8.
* BUG: Fix compilation on Mac OS X 10.8
* BUG: Correctly detect architecture on MacOSX.
* BUG: Some files were incorrectly modified by Mac OS X changes.
* BUG: Fix compilation on Mac OS X and Linux.
* NEW: Search include and library files in /opt/local for Mac OS X.
* NEW: Search include and library files in /opt/local for Mac OS X. But it
* NEW: Make the component compile on Mac OS X with the qt4-mac port. The
* BUG: Use -fnested-functions only on Mac OS X.
* BUG: Make the "main" directory compile on Mac OS X.
  that things work better on MacOSX.
* NEW: Mac OS X is a FreeBSD.

Since I'm on the Mac most of the time this is very interesting.
I could not find Gambas in MacPorts so I guess it is not ready yet.

How far has the project come?
Is there some kind of a time line?
How can I help?

I guess my knowledge is limited to compile, install and test it.

/patrik