[Gambas-user] gambas3 library pathes

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Apr 20 18:21:31 CEST 2012

Le 20/04/2012 17:43, Willy Raets a écrit :
> On do, 2012-04-19 at 15:51 +0200, Andreas Fröhlke wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> we read in a forum, that gambas3 searches in 2 pathes for gambas libraries. Is there a way to add pathes or edit them? If not, is gambas3 searching recursively, so we can put our library in a subfolder?
>>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> To use a Gambas3 library in a Gambas3 project you need to put an
> executable (example: mylib.gambas) in the main project folder.
>
> Open project and the go to menu
> Project ->  Properties ->  Tab: Libraries ->  button: Add...
>
> Browse to your project folder and select the library.
> After this you can use it in your project.
>
> I don't know if Gambas allows to place the Gambas library in a
> subfolder. Never tried it.
>
> Willy

Aaarg... No!

At runtime, a library must be put in the same directory as the project
executable. *Not* and *never* inside the project source directory.

At design time, (inside the IDE project property dialog), you must
specify where the library is exactly, just to allow the IDE to load the
symbol descriptions from it.

Benoît Minisini