[Gambas-user] Translation interface errors

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Tue Apr 17 21:00:43 CEST 2012

On di, 2012-04-17 at 19:41 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 17/04/2012 17:13, M. Cs. a écrit :
> >

> You should translate your project directly from the IDE.
>
> The translations marked as "fuzzy" are not imported. Because, among
> other things, translations are marked as "fuzzy" when they are not
> definitive.
>
> Regards,

I have application in multi languages and used to send people the text
files to translate and import them.

It was not a pleasant way of translating (from the exported files) for
translators and I had likewise issues on import.

So now I copy paste all into a .odt with some screenshots so they know
what it is about and when translation returns I copy paste the
translations into the IDE. But that is a lot extra work.

Problem is that the people translating are NO programmers and don't have
Gambas IDE. Several of them don't even have linux.
Just people that happen to be willing to translate because they know the
language.

Some clever way of exporting what needs to be translated in a user
friendly format for translators and a manner to import the translations
done by others would be very welcome and save loads of time.
The current export is not something you can send to people to do
translating in. It confuses them and loads of mistakes are made this
way.