[Gambas-user] Translation interface errors

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Apr 17 19:41:12 CEST 2012

Le 17/04/2012 17:13, M. Cs. a écrit :
> Hi!
> I'm spending quite a lot of time with repairing the translations for
> my program. It is translated into several languages, and there is a
> constant, annoying error:
> - I use to export the translations into myapp-xx-ver.po
> - the translating person translates the strings using a text editor
> (Kate, Gedit...). It is looking for a string "" which represents the
> place of the strings to be translated.
> - I get back the translation and in Translation GUI I do import the
> translated file.
> - The GUI tells me how many strings have been picked up.
> - Usually I am getting back full translation, however, the Translation
> GUI is telling me N strings aren't translated. When I open the .po
> file I can clearly find the translation.
>
> Why does T-GUI make such errors?
> Sometimes in the .po file I can find the following string:
> #, fuzzy
>
> It is quite exhausting!
> Any suggestions?
>
> Csaba

You should translate your project directly from the IDE.

The translations marked as "fuzzy" are not imported. Because, among
other things, translations are marked as "fuzzy" when they are not
definitive.

Benoît Minisini