[Gambas-user] Issue 234 in gambas: Debian specific installation instructions are out of date

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Sat Apr 14 19:14:14 CEST 2012

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 234 by ronmcina... at ...370...: Debian specific installation
instructions are out of date
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=234

1) Describe the problem.
Debian specific installation instructions are out of date. I believe that
this report applies to Debian 6 but was actually identified under Mint MDE
(built on Debian).

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

Version: 3.1.0
Operating system: Linux
Architecture: x86

Note that I successfully built Gambas 3.1.0 using the Ubuntu Precise
instructions (+ gsl dev lib) under Mint and I strongly suspect that these
would also apply to Debian 6.

As a suggestion perhaps the installation instructions could be moved to the
Gamabas wiki allowing Gambas users to keep the specific installations up to
date (which would take some work off of you). Only a suggestion but if you
do decide to do that then I'd be happy to help (easily said when I've never
edited a wiki entry in my life ;-) ).

Ron McInally