[Gambas-user] Gambas for Android

John Rose john.aaron.rose at ...626...
Mon Apr 9 08:12:39 CEST 2012

Thanks for peoples' replies. It's interesting that the Basic dev apps do
not yet seem to include GUI Designers. IMO they are an essential for any
worthwhile Android RAD.

My starter posting on this topic was misleading in that it implied that
I wanted Gambas to dev apps on Android which would run on Android.
That's one possibility. However, it seems likely to me that this would
require purchase of a high spec Android tablet to make dev not painful.

That's why I brought up Basic4android, as that allows dev on a desktop
(using the Android emulator / B4aBridge apk to link to an Android
device). Its Basic language & IDE is not up to Gambas' quality not to
mention its linking to Android devices for testing.