[Gambas-user] Gambas for Android

John Spikowski support at ...2529...
Mon Apr 9 07:55:21 CEST 2012

On Sun, 2012-04-08 at 22:04 -0400, Rob Kudla wrote:
> On 04/08/2012 09:47 PM, John Spikowski wrote:
> > The ScriptBasic dev team is packaging the interpreter in a Term.apk file
> > to make it installable without all the Android Linux tricks just to run
> > it native. Any feedback your willing to provide with this early beta
>
> As I said, I'm comfortable using Java for Android development, and I
> prefer to avoid NDK (which is why it's unlikely I'd use Gambas on
> Android either). I'd be using BASIC+SQL if I used anything, since it's
> not NDK. I have no relationship to its developers except as a very
> casual user.
>
> Good luck with your Android port of ScriptBasic.
>
> Rob

As it turns out, ScriptBasic for Android Linux should compile native
without the NDK. Nothing other then standard headers are being used from
the NDK without needing any support from the Android framework API.

The results show that native C applications can be up to 30 times as
fast as an identical algorithm running in Dalvik VM. Java applications
can become a speed-up of up to 10 times if utilizing JNI.