[Gambas-user] Gambas for Android

John Rose john.aaron.rose at ...626...
Sat Apr 7 18:10:28 CEST 2012

I seem to remember Benoit implying (in a posting in March) that he might
consider porting Gambas to Android. There is Basic4android allowing dev
under Windows. However, it does not work under Wine: I've tried versions
1.3, 1.4 & 1.5.1. The main thing stopping me using it is it doesn't
display the code for existing projects when opening them - rather a big
naughty! It does work under Windows XP guesting in VirtualBox but it's
a pain re installing & testing on Android devices whether linked by USB
or Bluetooth. Its IDE is poor compared to that of Gambas.

Has anybody heard any more re porting Gambas to Android?