[Gambas-user] Error after error

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Sep 13 02:08:30 CEST 2011

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create a pretty complex software here, but things that
> worked a year ago are now completely different. I can understand that, as
> Gambas is heavely developed. For me sometimes a little frustrating - with
> help and hints from the board here I get one step further and get a lot of
> new things to think about. I changed
>
> Public PROCEDURE ConnectUser()

> Public Function ConnectUser() As String
>
> and  get a lot of errors, f.eks "NULL OBJECT in ...."  and "gbx3: warning:
> .Eval.?.0: Object.LastEventName is deprecated."
> in procedures that worked a minute ago.
>
> I can go back and use a Global to get rhe status of the connection, but I
> wonder how something what is there can be deprecated, and how it is
> possible to see the content of a NULL OBJECT.
>
> I will be grateful for every help, sometimes there is just a little kick
> needed. :-)
>
> regards,
> Dag-Jarle

If you don't give enough details, nobody can help you.

Please send a source code project and a way to reproduce the problem. There is
no "NULL OBJECT in...." message in Gambas, so I don't know what you are
talking about.

I have removed the deprecated Object.LastEventName property in the last
revision, so now you will get an error and maybe a backtrace that will tell
you where is the problem exactly.

Benoît Minisini