[Gambas-user] issues updated records in Sqlite3 database using edit()

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Sep 11 17:44:24 CEST 2011

> Just figured out my mistake, it was that in my database the column types
> were INTEGER and not INT4. Once I changed it to INT4 everything started
> working great. Sorry to bother!

No problem. You must be aware that sqlite does not use datatypes, so I have to
simulate them by using the datatype keyword you specified when creating the
table. But there as so many different datatype keywords in that f...... SQL
pseudo-standard that I had to choose!

Normally "INTEGER" should have been correctly interpreted as a Gambas Integer
datatype. But if there is no primary key in your table, I suppose that the
first field of INTEGER datatype is the primary key. Because I use INTEGER only
when creating an AUTOINCREMENT field (db.Serial in Gambas).

In other words, if you want peace, just create your sqlite database directly
from Gambas.

Benoît Minisini