[Gambas-user] gambas3 and the hidden .src

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Sep 7 01:54:59 CEST 2011

> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 6:37 AM, Karl Reinl <karl.reinl at ...9...> wrote:
> > Salut,
> >
> > now I work more and more with gambas3, and I found out, in daily work
> > the hidden .src is really .."now it's time for the sh.. or f... word".
> >
> > I don't remember if there was/is a reason to hide the source code, but
> > now I know it sucks, that it is hidden.
> >
> > What does the community think about that?
>
> I'd second this. Yes .src makes no difference for the GUI  IDE, but
> src with no dot would also work just as well. The only point of the
> dot is it hides the directory from standard UNIX tools such as ls and
> grep. Maybe I'm just a command-line diehard, but I *like* using those
> tools and so I agree with Karl. Also it is more "standard" as all
> other languages have their src directory without a dot.
>
> Ian

The reason why it is named ".src" is the following: all non-hidden files in
the root directory of the project are included in the executable.

So, to rename ".src" to something not-hidden, I have to change the way data
files are organized, and I can't do that before Gambas 4!

Benoît Minisini