[Gambas-user] gambas3 and the hidden .src

Ian Haywood ihaywood at ...1979...
Wed Sep 7 01:34:32 CEST 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 6:37 AM, Karl Reinl <karl.reinl at ...9...> wrote:
> Salut,
>
> now I work more and more with gambas3, and I found out, in daily work
> the hidden .src is really .."now it's time for the sh.. or f... word".
>
> I don't remember if there was/is a reason to hide the source code, but
> now I know it sucks, that it is hidden.
>
> What does the community think about that?
I'd second this. Yes .src makes no difference for the GUI  IDE, but
src with no dot would also work just as well. The only point of the
dot is it hides the directory from standard UNIX tools such as ls and
grep. Maybe I'm just a command-line diehard, but I *like* using those
tools and so I agree with Karl. Also it is more "standard" as all
other languages have their src directory without a dot.

Ian