[Gambas-user] gambas3 and the hidden .src

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Wed Sep 7 00:43:23 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 07 September 2011 08:31:19 Charlie Reinl wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 07.09.2011, 08:14 +1000 schrieb richard terry:
> > On Wednesday 07 September 2011 06:37:46 Karl Reinl wrote:
> > > Salut,
> > >
> > > now I work more and more with gambas3, and I found out, in daily work
> > > the hidden .src is really .."now it's time for the sh.. or f... word".
> > >
> > > I don't remember if there was/is a reason to hide the source code, but
> > > now I know it sucks, that it is hidden.
> > >
> > > What does the community think about that?
> >
> > No issues, what's the problem?, if you really need to access the code
> > tree outside of the gambas IDE just type in the dir as you usually would
> >
> > Richard
>
> Salut Richard,
>
> it is not the problem outside the code tree, it's the access with the
> gambas3-IDE which makes the problem. May be  only on Mandriva 2010.2.
> But that sucks. Did you try to add a source code from an other project ?
> Try it more then one time, .. not nice, for not saying hoorible!

Must say I havn't other than copy the class and form files into the dir from
outside into the appropriate part of the tree, didn't find that a problem.

Otherwise if I need to copy from another project I just Ctrl C the Graphics
and paste onto a blank form, or Ctrl copy the entire code or Ctrl C any menu's
and paste into the menu editor.

I've worked with gambas 3 for several years - its fabulous and Benoit has
slowly evolved it incorporating many of my own (and many others) personal
design requests into the IDE as he went along for which I'm eternally
grateful.

Richard