[Gambas-user] Does really nobody have an idea?

Tue Sep 6 17:29:10 CEST 2011

Thanks for your idea, Dag-Jarle, but isn't this effort exactly what I
would like to avoid?

I guess the whole thing depends on the question of how QT or GTK handle
the events of the controls within a window/application. I cannot imagine
that the controls are accessed by the GUI (X) directly. That would imply
an event loop for each control. Instead, I would expect one event loop
for the application within which you have one event request for each
window within which you have one event request for each control of that
window.

If there is a slot for the overall mouse activities of one window or
application in QT (on the C++ side), it should be easy for Benoit to
connect this to a Gambas event. If not, things are different :-)

Regards

Rolf