[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 3 RC3

Demosthenes Koptsis demosthenesk at ...626...
Sun Sep 4 13:24:54 CEST 2011

Ok, sure i can.

There are some differences although with checkinstall and official deb
files from Ubuntu or other release.

checkinstall makes only one deb with all the files all together, when
official debs have many files to install.

Another point is that when i tried to enter to checkinstall the names of
required packages had some problems to make the deb file. So i have left
this info empty. After that deb file was created well.

i will try to fill it again and make a deb file with checkinstall with
all info which required.

And i will inform you again with the progress.

The system which i make the deb file is Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS

On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 11:14 +0100, John Rose wrote:
> Demosthenes,
>
> Could you make the .deb available to Gambas devs? I'm happy to put it on my
> Dropbox site as a Public  file if you email it to me.
>
> Regards,
> John
> (+44) 1902 331266
> (+44) 7894 211434
>

> On 3 September 2011 23:01, Demosthenes Koptsis <demosthenesk at ...626...>wrote:
>
> > Great news!!!
> >
> > Personaly so far i downloaded the svn and made deb files with
> > checkinstall. So i could install and uninstall easily.

> > link on

> > know
> > become

> > is
> > sure

> > > Here is the wiki page to edit for information about Gambas binary
> > packages.
> > >
> > > http://gambasdoc.org/help/doc/package
> > >

> > --
> > Regards,