[Gambas-user] Gambas app calling a PERL Script which calls a program (rtmpdump)

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Sep 1 20:47:47 CEST 2011

On Thursday 01 September 2011 14:11, John Rose wrote:
>  very complicated (33.4kB of script lines) and I do not know PERL (and
>  have no intention of learning it). Is this concept possible in a Gambas
>  app? If so, how do I make it work?

Calling rtmpdump from Gambas should work more or less the same way as it
does in Perl (maybe better because you can do input and output on the same
file handle without complicated select() or fork() stuff), but if you're
asking whether you can reimplement a long and involved Perl script in
Gambas without knowing both languages, I think you're out of luck.

If you can get TubeMaster++ to work, it's a much better Linux RTMP/RTMPE
dumper than rtmpdump, but not command-line and not scriptable.

Rob