[Gambas-user] Dennis Ritchie is dead

Demosthenes Koptsis demosthenesk at ...626...
Fri Oct 14 15:52:24 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-14 at 14:15 +0200, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> 2011/10/14 Demosthenes Koptsis <demosthenesk at ...626...>:
> > On Fri, 2011-10-14 at 01:17 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> >> I paid a little tribute to him by modifying the Gambas website front page.
> >>
> >> Will October, 8th become a non-compilation day?
>

> > My opinion is October 8th to be a great compilation day and special
> > releases or versions of software to be released that day!

My point of view is quite different. We can do anything we like but
thinking of the point of view of a programmer, a developer is happy when
creates, so i propose this day to be a special compilation day.

It may be something as a joy for developing. This is the honor to
someone who is the father o programming language.

The other kind of thinking is "to keep 1 minute silence" or "1 day not
compiling". But these actions are not repeating as events, they are for
one shot.

People repeat events when they are for happy, the bad events are left
behind.