[Gambas-user] Segmentation fault when starting programs with gambas

Andreas Fröhlke afroehlke at ...784...
Thu Oct 13 16:48:09 CEST 2011

Hi,

I try to develop an application, which starts a program on a specific virtual desktop. I found kstart and it seems to work, until I compile my gambas program. I tried different ways to start kstart, but I always get back a Segmention fault. When I copy the command directly into konsole it works and as long as I start the program in development mode it also works, just after compilation it fails.

I tried SHELL, EXEC, open an Process and print to it and write an Shell-Script and than execute it with gambas, nothing worked.

The system is a debian 6 32 Bit KDE with gambas 2.23.

The complete command i tried to execute with gambas is:

kstart --desktop 1 feh -F -Z 'test.jpg'

The error I get is:

kstart: Symbol `_ZTI7QObject' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
Segmentation fault

I also tried to start a self written QT C++ binary with gambas, but also get a Segmentation fault. If I start it by using the konsole it works.

Hope somebody can help

Regards

Andreas