[Gambas-user] Locale question and gambas and dates.

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Nov 30 11:33:55 CET 2011

Le 30/11/2011 11:22, richard terry a écrit :
> I have had the occasion to install my svn and get it up/running on kubuntu 11,
> god what a pain.
>
> Anway when I ran the program, virtualy nothing would save, because:
>
> IsDate(textbox1.text)  always returned false for a correct date (AU).
>
> I looked and found that he had the locale set to America.
>
> I changed it back to Australia, but to no avail, still won't save. If I put
> the dates in american (eg 11/30/11) then it saves ok.
>
> I tried re-compiling gambas once I'd changed the locale, to no avail.
>
> ?any suggestions - must be some sort of setting
>
> regards
>
> Richard

Can you elaborate? I am not australian, I don't know how dates should be
written in australian.

To check how australian dates are configured by the C library, just give
me the result of: Print Format(Now, gb.GeneralDate)

Benoît Minisini