[Gambas-user] Locale question and gambas and dates.

richard terry rterry at ...1823...
Wed Nov 30 11:22:57 CET 2011

I have had the occasion to install my svn and get it up/running on kubuntu 11,
god what a pain.

Anway when I ran the program, virtualy nothing would save, because:

IsDate(textbox1.text)  always returned false for a correct date (AU).

I looked and found that he had the locale set to America.

I changed it back to Australia, but to no avail, still won't save. If I put
the dates in american (eg 11/30/11) then it saves ok.

I tried re-compiling gambas once I'd changed the locale, to no avail.

?any suggestions - must be some sort of setting

regards

Richard