[Gambas-user] Question - how to just run part of ones larger program

Tue Nov 22 08:38:10 CET 2011

Am 22.11.2011 07:32, schrieb nando:
> You could run a second copy from the first. Place a specific word on the command line as a
> parameter so that the copy will understand to show the specific screen desired
> and perhaps hide other menus.  You can tailor startup to do something specific
> based on command line parameter(s).
> -Nando

Basically I think this is a good idea. There are two things, however,
which have to be considered here.

First, if your program writes configuration data e. g. via the
gb.settings, only one of them must be able to do so when you close the
program. I wouldn't know how to solve this with gb.settings. When you
use your own function for it, you will be able to set a flag that keeps
it from writing twice.

The main program must block its calendar part as long as the calendar
part runs stand-alone. The calendar part must block the other functions
on his side. Otherwise you might run into problems if some of the users
think "oh now I don't feel to click back to this function on that
screen, just do it here...". Users do so. Believe me :-)

Rolf