[Gambas-user] Question - how to just run part of ones larger program

John Spikowski support at ...2529...
Mon Nov 21 23:11:40 CET 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-22 at 08:13 +1100, richard terry wrote:
> Not sure I know how to phrase this question.
>
> My program is rather large.
>
> The secretarial staff wanted me to 'split off' the appointments module, so they
> can just run it side/by/side with the rest of the medical program, ie in
> separate window, so they don't have to flick back to the appointments module
> all the time when doing other things.
>
> Any ideas

I like the dashboard concept in easyGP but the MDI is limiting. I think
you should launch separate standalone windows for tasks one might want
to keep open on their desktop. Only when the launcher/dashboard is
closed will all child windows be closed also. (should ask user first and
allow an abort option to the application close process)

I would like to see easyGP adapt a plug-in / extension module concept.
As each practice is similar so are they unique. (GP / Urology / ...)
This would allow a broader adaption to the package with plug-ins to make
it unique.