[Gambas-user] TextEdit and linefeeds

Tue Nov 8 09:10:15 CET 2011

Am 06.11.2011 11:22, schrieb Ron:
> Hi all,
>
> In my project I replaced the txtArea for readlonly TextEdit objects so I
> can color the text I want to emphasize, this works good.

Good idea by the way... :-)

> But how can I just do a single line wrap, until now I only got a blank line
> in between lines, or all lines concatenated together ;-(

After having fiddled around with your example a bit and comparing the
TextEdit with a TextLabel behaviour, I had the idea that a "\n" newline
actually is interpreted as "new paragraph" which would mean "leave a
blank line". The "\n" I guess produces a Chr$(10) because this shows the
same effect.

So you would need a "make a new line only but stay in the paragraph"
(like Shift-Return in a word processor for instance).

There should be a code for that.

Now I have a question: This TextEdit should be able to accept
formatting, but I didn't find out how. I tried to make the dates bold,
how would I achieve that? Somewhere I have used an object that is able
to interpret simple HTML codes, but I don't remember its name or where I
got it from (it's like a TextLabel with editing). Do you know what I mean?

Rolf