[Gambas-user] TextEdit and linefeeds

richard terry rterry at ...1823...
Sun Nov 6 22:18:06 CET 2011

On Sunday 06 November 2011 21:22:54 Ron wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In my project I replaced the txtArea for readlonly TextEdit objects so I
> can color the text I want to emphasize, this works good.
>
> But how can I just do a single line wrap, until now I only got a blank line
> in between lines, or all lines concatenated together ;-(
>
> It must be something simple, see attached Gambas2 object to see what I
>  mean.
>
> Thanks for any pointers in the right direction...
>
> Regards,
> Ron_2nd,

Hi

I've read the thread and will take a look at your project - I've very
sucessfully used the textEdit in my medical records project so have quite a
bit of experience fiddling with it.

Have you examined the underlying html it generates? It tends to be a bit
weird. I seem to remember that when we save the html back to the database that
Ian Haywood wrote some reg-ex expressions to strip some of the line feeds and
associated crud.

Will try and find time to take a look.

richard