[Gambas-user] Gambas3 RC1 Internal error all of a sudden

Ron ron at ...1740...
Mon Mar 28 13:21:29 CEST 2011

Project runs ok, but every now and then I get this:

** INTERNAL ERROR **
** Cannot read from SIGCHLD pipe
Main.BroadcastEvent.4731: #5: Too many arguments
0: Main.BroadcastEvent.4731
1: Main.RefreshDeviceList.4848
2: Devices.ValueUpdate.823
3: Main.SetGlobalVar.4447
4: RRDTool.GetRRDPath.60
5: RRDTool.UpdateRRDs.269
6: ServerStats.tServerStats_Timer.40
** Program aborting. Sorry! :-(

Ok the program/author said Sorry.... ;-)
But it doesn't look right...

A few minutes later...

Ok, it was due to a catch without content that the wrong syntax wasn't
reported.

   ' sent it to all computers on this network
   hBroadcastEvent = New UdpSocket As "BroadcastUDP"
   hBroadcastEvent.Broadcast = True
   hBroadcastEvent.Bind(0)
   hBroadcastEvent.TargetPort = iXMLRPCHTTPPort + 10000

   For Each sIp In aBroadcastAddrs
     hBroadcastEvent.TargetHost = sIp
     Write #hBroadcastEvent, sMessage, Len(sMessage)
   Next

Catch
   ' Main.WriteLog(("ERROR: Cannot broadcast UDP message! ") &
ERROR.Text & (" at ") & ERROR.Where)

But why didn't the Gambas converter convert this: ?

I get the idea that the project converter code  is much older or has
bugs which weren't there when I first tested it.

Revision 3693 on Ubuntu Maverick 64 Bits.

Regards.
Ron_2nd.