[Gambas-user] gb3: "Make code pretty"

Wed Jul 20 04:19:23 CEST 2011

This is a great feature, but as a formatting Nazi I think a couple of
things should be added to the "to-do" list once everything important has
been taken care of. ;)

If you select a range of code and right-click it to choose "Make code
pretty" it should only modify the selected code, not the entire module
(unless nothing is selected, of course).

Secondly, two spaces shouldn't be added after two consecutive CR/LF's.
Empty lines should remain empty lines, as this is often useful for
visually separating sections of larger procedures. Empty lines shouldn't
be formatted, automatically or otherwise (unless perhaps they are
consecutive empty lines which would be reduced to one?).

The reason I even discovered this feature is that I moved a block of
code that needed to be indented two additional times and wanted to do it
automatically instead of manually using the arrow and tab keys a million
times.

Is there a feature to simply indent (or move to the left) a block of
code? That would be super useful for minor formatting adjustments
(Indent right, Indent left) and copy/paste operations.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues