[Gambas-user] a observer in a form can't catch an event from other class

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Sat Jul 2 11:46:02 CEST 2011

2011/7/1 Fabián Flores Vadell <fabianfloresvadell at ...626...>:
> 2011/6/29 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:
>>
>> Can you make a little project for me so that I can test exactly your code?
>>
>> --
>> Benoît Minisini
>
> Thanks Benoît, but that's unnecesary. I quickly found the error in my
> code. By the way, I thought that Gambas events could be useful to
> decoupling the logic of my program from the presentation, but I found
> that would need a selective mecanism to lock the receiver, so, some
> events would be blocked but no others. Gambas event haven't this
> feature, as far I know.
>
> Now, I'm thinking of using some design pattern, maybe observer or MVC,
> I don't know yet. What I want is have the view separated from the
> logic.
>
> My program is a reimplementation the classic sokoban game, inspired in
> the example of Pablo Mileti. But I want explore the posibility of
> implement several views: the first (finished) is the basic one, using
> a form, containers and controls PictureBox; the second, maybe, by
> using a Drawing Area; and the third using SDL.
>
> So, to me is fundamental separate the logic (the model) from the
> presentation (the view).
>
> ¿Some suggestion? ¿How would be possible implement the MVC pattern in
> Gambas? (The controller is the part that I'm not figured how to do)

hum well in fact the engine will return an array structure for the
game plate and users status... then the viewer deal with these info to
display it.

you need a client/server concept as the view can be really different
and the libs not compatibles. For that you can use gb.dbus, or simply
a socket..

> --
> Fabián Flores Vadell
> www.comoprogramarcongambas.blogspot.com