[Gambas-user] A few questions

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jan 31 15:20:44 CET 2011

> When I start gambas3 from the console command line, I get the following
> messages before Gambas starts.
>
> jrs at ...2530...:~$ gambas3
> Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols
> specified are supported
> warning: unable to load Qt translation: en_US.utf8
> warning: unable to load 16/cancel

Maybe your system is screwed up? Give details about it!

> Before I can load an example, I get a dialog with the following message.
> Why does Gambas think the project is already open when it's not?
>
> "This project seems to be already opened.
>
> Opening the same project twice can lead to data loss."
>
> [ Do not open ] [ Open after all ]

Because, in Gambas 2, it relies on a file. So if you don't quit the IDE
properly, that file remains, and the next time you open the project, the IDE
thinks it has already been opened.

> When I start my system up and after logging in, I get a ICS not
> configured or accessible before my desktop even comes up. This started
> happening after my first build of Gambas 2.22.
>
> svn info is a quick way to get your current local trunk version

Beware that there is no really a global current local trunk version. Each file
and directory can come from any version if you want (in other words, you can
update only a part of the source tree if you want, even if it is not really
useful).

> but how
> do you find out via svn what the remote (master) version (release #) is?

svn info https://gambas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gambas/gambas/trunk

Benoît Minisini