[Gambas-user] using echo command within EXEC

Dimitris Anogiatis dosida at ...626...
Fri Jan 21 07:42:22 CET 2011

Hey vikram,

Try this subroutine. Make a new module and add this in it

PUBLIC SUB append2log(text AS String)
DIM tmpFile AS File
tmpFile = OPEN User.Home &/ "Desktop/test1.txt" FOR APPEND
WRITE #tmpFile, text & gb.NewLine, Len(text & gb.NewLine)
CLOSE #tmpFile
END

if for example you call your module "helper" then you can use it in your
program
like this:

helper.append2log("Log Entry: " & Now())
helper.append2log("Main Form opened")

it should do the job and you don't need to use shell all the time to log
events into a log file
just make sure the file you're going to use is created in a folder with the
right permissions.

Otherwise Gambas is going to throw you an error message.

and unless you are fully debugging you really don't need to log every event
in your program
unless they are critical points with the potential for failure.

Hope this helps

Regards
Dimitris