[Gambas-user] using echo command within EXEC

vikram austinium at ...43...
Wed Jan 19 11:32:38 CET 2011

Hi,

I am using Gambas 2.21, on Debian Squeeze. I am trying to keep a log of the things my application does, for instance events like forms opening, errors can be logged.

I am thinking of using the SHELL with echo command to write to a log file.

For example, using SHELL i would use:
SHELL "echo \"Form1 Entered\">>Logfile"

Could this cause the application to be a resource hog? The only other way I can think of to do logging is to use File I/O but that would be a lot of work when compated to using SHELL, plus I don't know it will prove to be more of a resource hog than using SHELL.

Help!

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Vikram Nair