[Gambas-user] Application logging using SHELL

Bruce Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Wed Jan 19 12:15:49 CET 2011

On Wednesday, January 19, 2011 09:05:10 pm vikram wrote:
> Could this cause the application to be a resource hog?
Couldn't see why.
I use SHELL extensively for different reasons and have so far found it to be
efficient.
But for what you are attempting I would just like to add one thing.  As soon
as you invoke any asynchronous process do not expect the outcome to be
sequential.  For example if you log this way and "Open" n* instances of your
form, the logging will be random. Or, if you are logging "Open" and say,
"Activate" then the logging will be even more random, etc etc.
I only say this because of the problems that I have had, even within the
gambas IDE, to get events, (not Events!) to log in the correct order.
There have been occasions when I have had to insert WAIT's between logging
events.
Note, this is not a complaint against gambas!  It's just the normal things
that happen within an OS like linux.
--
best regards
Bruce Bruen