[Gambas-user] Application logging using SHELL

Demosthenes Koptsis demosthenesk at ...626...
Wed Jan 19 11:58:59 CET 2011

here is an example i did.
if you like it you can use it.

---------------
' Gambas class file
PUBLIC hLog AS Stream
PUBLIC sFilename AS String = User.Home &/ ".MyLog.txt"
PUBLIC sLogEntry AS String

PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()

hLog = OPEN sFilename FOR APPEND

END

PUBLIC SUB Button1_Click()

  sLogEntry = "Button1 was clicked"
  WriteToLog(Application.Name & " # " & Application.Version & " # " &
Now & " # " & sLogEntry)

END

PUBLIC SUB WriteToLog(sString AS String)

  PRINT #hLog, sString

END

PUBLIC SUB Form_Close()

  hLog.Close