[Gambas-user] Showmodal causes invalid object!

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Feb 19 03:23:46 CET 2011

> > I don't want to pressure, but have I understand this correctly, this is
> > bug? Or did I miss something?
> >
> > Jussi
>
> This is a side effect of a feature I should remove maybe:
>
> The first instanciated Window (or Form) automatically becomes the "main"
> window. When that window is closed, all other instanciated forms are
> automatically closed and made invalid. So when you try to show the second
> form, that has been created before the first form is shonw, you get the
> message.
>
> I think I will remove that feature, and make the "main" window concept
> explicit with an "Application.MainWindow" property, or something like that.
>
> What do people think?

Done in revision #3581:

- Application.MainWindow is not defined automatically anymore.
- Application.MainWindow is writable now.
- The application exits now when the last visible window is closed.

Benoît Minisini