[Gambas-user] One control with Expand, one not (Gambas2)

Mon Dec 12 12:29:57 CET 2011

Hope you can help here.

I have a Tab control in my main Form. The Form is divided by an HSplit,
the Tab control sits on the right. In one of the tabs, there is a
GridView. This GridView shall expand with all the others. All this has
been running well, although I did not set the controls'
Expand-properties to True. Instead it was enough to set the
HSplit-Expand to True, the rest didn't matter.

First question: why does it run like this? Why doesn't it need Expand to
be set in all controls which shall expand or at least for all containers?

Now, for some reason I had the idea to set another container/control
pair over the GridView. If I do so, it is automatically expanded. This
is a bit tricky now, because this pair should not expand but keep a
fixed size. How do I tell not to expand this container or control?

Do you understand what I mean?

Regards

Rolf