[Gambas-user] CGI programming example

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Dec 4 02:52:07 CET 2011

Le 04/12/2011 00:50, John Spikowski a écrit :

> Why Gambas for GCI programming? How do you plan to handle sessions
> variables in Gambas when running as a CGI application?
>
> Have you tried any of the traditional web scripting languages like
> Python, php, Perl or ScriptBasic?

Everything needed to program CGI scripts is located in the gb.web
component, that provides an ASP-like interface to handle requests,

I use it to develop a big project in my job : sort of MS-Access on the
web, with support for Google Maps, GPS tracking, PDF/OpenOffice document
generation, custom map layers...

By interfacing it with a light web server, I got something faster and
easier to maintain than anything I could have wrote in Python, PHP or
Perl. I've never heard from ScriptBasic, so I can't tell you about it.

Benoît Minisini