[Gambas-user] Gambas 2 and mysql bin-log

Ron ron at ...1740...
Wed Aug 31 12:07:15 CEST 2011

On 30-8-2011 21:18, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> I need that the "insert" statement to be logged in the binary log.
>>
> I have no idea why it is not logged. I didn't know there was a "mysql binary
> log", and I don't know how it works.
>
> Try to set 'DB.Debug = True' to see what SQL queries are sent to the SQL
> client library.
>
> Regards,

The advantage for having your mysql server run in binary log mode, is
that you can make live incremental backups.

After enabling, you can simply do:
rsync -a /var/lib/mysql/<dbname>-bin* /backup/location

Regards,
Ron_2nd.