[Gambas-user] One-Click Install with shell script

EA7DFH ea7dfh at ...2382...
Sat Aug 13 09:19:18 CEST 2011

El 13/08/11 06:44, Christian DaGeek247 Stephens escribió:
> *Would it be possible to make a single install script that installs the
> gambas runtime files and my app on the users pc, without the IDE, only whats
> needed to run the program since I cant compile binaries?*
> *
> *
> *I would like to make it much easier for linux users to get my app,and run
> it without worrying about installing all of gambas2 on their system. I think
> itspossible to only get the important parts of gambas2, but im not sure how.
> *
> *
> *
> *any help?*
> *
> *
> *
> *

You don't need at all to install the whole gambas

You should install and deploy your app by using the system packages.
Gambas provides an easy way to do this, and it is the recommended way:

Go to "Project" menú, then "Create" and choose "Installation Package".
You now have to complete some fields for each distribution you want to
deploy to, and you are done.

The user's system will resolve all the dependencies automatically.

Also, would help if you provide some more details about your
distribution and Gambas version.

Regards

--
Jesus, EA7DFH