[Gambas-user] Making code pretty

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Thu Aug 4 17:27:32 CEST 2011

hey bruce

have you trying the help comments with three " ' "
if you place it before a function declaration it is shown in the
autocompletion help when you want to use the function

for example
'''This public var is for store something
Public pubVar1 as string

'''help for the function
'''this function can be used for blabla
Public Sub MyFunction

Dim mavar1 as string    '''this var is for a string
Dim mavar2 as integer  '''this var is for an integer

end

gambas3 have tools to help you to remember your stuff

local variable info are available only in the function

2011/8/4 Bruce Bruen <bbruen at ...2308...>:
> On 04/08/11 22:52, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'd like to add some options to the "making code pretty" feature in the IDE.
>>
>> But I have no idea what I could make optional, as I wrote the pretty-printer
>> the way I wanted to see the code.
>>
>> So if you have some suggestion, I am eager.
>>

> Actually, what I'd really like to see (not in the pretty-printer) is
> just that if I hit return in the middle of a comment line, that is a
> line where Left(line,1)="'", and mind you not at the end of a comment
> line - in the middle - that the IDE would make the new line a comment.
>
> Pretty arcane I know, it's just that at my age I have to write a heck of
> a lot of stuff to remind me of what I was trying to remember what it was
> that I was just trying to fudge around with yesterday (or was it this
> morning?).
>
> One of the problems I have is when editing these messages to myself,
> that may contain, oh at least, paragraphs of brilliant coding
> metaphysics, every time I go to insert a new nano-thought and hit
> return, the IDE converts each  reserved word to uppercase.
>
> Which does on many occasions confuse me.
>
> bruce

Fabien Bodard