[Gambas-user] Making code pretty

Bruce Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Thu Aug 4 15:52:02 CEST 2011

On 04/08/11 22:52, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'd like to add some options to the "making code pretty" feature in the IDE.
>
> But I have no idea what I could make optional, as I wrote the pretty-printer
> the way I wanted to see the code.
>
> So if you have some suggestion, I am eager.

Actually, what I'd really like to see (not in the pretty-printer) is
just that if I hit return in the middle of a comment line, that is a
line where Left(line,1)="'", and mind you not at the end of a comment
line - in the middle - that the IDE would make the new line a comment.

Pretty arcane I know, it's just that at my age I have to write a heck of
a lot of stuff to remind me of what I was trying to remember what it was
that I was just trying to fudge around with yesterday (or was it this
morning?).

One of the problems I have is when editing these messages to myself,
that may contain, oh at least, paragraphs of brilliant coding
metaphysics, every time I go to insert a new nano-thought and hit
return, the IDE converts each  reserved word to uppercase.

Which does on many occasions confuse me.

bruce