[Gambas-user] Accessing a microsoft database from gambas

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Tue Aug 2 13:09:41 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 02 August 2011 21:03:22 Caveat wrote:
> LOL, I spent several days banging my head against a wall trying to get
> this to work (I think you have to go through ODBC) and eventually gave
> up and turned to java.  There's a nice java library called jackcess for
> this.
>
> I have made a start on interfacing the java code to Gambas by making a
> simple server on the java side and returning things like lists of
> tables, lists of columns for a given table and have a sample Gambas
> program up and running to make a nice GUI for it.
>
> If you're interested, perhaps we could collaborate on this and develop
> it further?
Prefer a simple way of using ODBC - not got much time as I'm still chugging on
with my project - I just want to be able to access my appointment book in the
front office in gambas

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

richard