[Gambas-user] Gambas 3 working on Ubuntu Natty with Unity interface

Sat Apr 23 20:38:03 CEST 2011

On 04/23/2011 01:49 PM, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> 2011/4/23 Andrea Bertini<and.bertini at ...626...>:
>> gambas menu is disappeared:-(
>>
>> Andrea Bertini
> i've choose to not use unity ... it is less handy than cairo doc and
> take too many memory.
>
> the same problem is in the standart mode.
>
> you need to remove the applet that show the menu

I made the mistake of upgrading from 10.10 to 11.04 and ended up having
to reinstall 10.10. Even using the "Classic" interface wasn't enough.
With Canonical's Unity and the GNOME team's GNOME 3, we're stuck between
a rock and a hard place. Unity and GNOME 3 are utterly horrible. So
horrible, in fact, that I think the combination is going to spell very
bad things for Linux users everywhere. Unless they allow both to be as
configurable as GNOME 2 (or someone forks GNOME 3), I think we're in
some seriously deep shit.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues