[Gambas-user] Issue 57 in gambas: Precision in math operations

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Thu Apr 7 15:41:08 CEST 2011

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 57 by luca.sto... at ...2537...: Precision in math operations
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=57

1) Describe the problem.
When I subtract a sufficently small float number from another small float
number the result is wrong (i.e.: 0.03-0.02 gives 0.001 instead of 0.01)

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

Version: TRUNK
Revision: I don't know how to get it, I downloaded the sources on January
28 2011
Operating system: Linux 2.6.32-30-generic
Architecture: i686
GUI component: QT3 / QT4 / GTK+
Desktop used: Gnome

3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.
see attached

4) If your project needs a database, try to provide it, or part of it.
No database needed

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.
simply try: Print 0.02 - 0.03

6) By doing that carefully, you have done 50% of the bug fix job!

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you encounter several different problems or bugs, (for
example, a bug in your project, and an interpreter crash while debugging
it), please create distinct issues!

Attachments:
	MMain.module  261 bytes