[Gambas-user] Feature request "TODO/FIXME"

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Sep 27 00:29:06 CEST 2010

> El 26/09/10 21:36, Benoît Minisini escribió:
> >> Hi, Benoît
> >>
> >> It would be fine if you could implement a 'tasks system', like in other
> >> IDEs, to keep track of pending tasks or fixes.
> >>
> >> For example, if the text editor finds a comment beginning with
> >>
> >> ' TODO: my stuff
> >> or
> >> ' FIXME: fix whatever
> >>
> >> then a little icon will shows into the line numbers and an additional
> >> tab in the console/breakpoints tabstrip will lists the current
> >> tasks/fixes text, which also should be marked as done/undone.
> >>
> >> This could be made in a way we can inspect globally or per class file.
> >>
> >> Hope this make sense, and not a huge job... :-)
> >>
> >> Anyway, thanks for your efforts.
> >
> > What other keywords are needed, beside TODO and FIXME?
>
> No, nothing more is needed. Both keywords are widely used as an standard
> for that purpose in almost all code editors.
>
> > And we can decide that to mark something undone, the comment has just to
> > be removed.
>
> I don't understand very well your last sentence. Perhaps are you being a
> bit ironical? Sorry if I am mistaken.

I'm not ironical, but logical. If a comment with "TODO" inside means that
there is something to do, when removing it means that the thing is done.

> Really, what do you think about it? Is it feasible or not?

Yes, but it cannot be real-time I think.

--
Benoît Minisini