[Gambas-user] Specifying the location of new Gambas components

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Sep 19 16:02:33 CEST 2010

>    We have created some new components for Gambas and we've been putting
> them into  the  /usr/local/lib/gambas2  directory  with the standard
> Gambas components.   However,  this  directory is locked to the root user,
> so developers can't install components there.
>    Is there a way to install these components to another directory and tell
>    Gambas to look for them there as well as finding the standard modules in
> the /usr/local/lib/gambas2 dir?
>    Thanks in advance.

Are they C/C++ components or components made in Gambas? (Just to know).

Component are searched in:

1) <INSTALL>/lib/gambas2, <INSTALL> being the path where Gambas is installed.

2) ~/.local/lib/gambas2, ~ being the current user home directory.

In that order!

Benoît Minisini