[Gambas-user] TableView issue

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Sep 5 22:56:42 CEST 2010

> Hello Benoit,
>
> Could you pls. tell me how to check the revision of Gambas. I just redo
> every time the "svn update" in the install folder (it writes me out a
> revision number, this is what I refer to) and after I recompile, reinstall
> gambas. But later I don't know how to check the version number.
>
> The sample code is still the same (attached) and still buggy on my computer
> (I just added a checkbox but no any effect on the issue).

I tried again the joined example, and I have no error at all while moving the
tableview editor with the arrow keys. I played with the checkbox, but couldn't
get any error with that.

Can you:

- Check (again) the output of "make install" to be sure that the last gb.form
component has been correctly compiled and install.

- Tell me which version of libqt3 you are using? Just look at the name of the
shared library somewhere in /usr/lib or /usr/lib/qt3 or something like that.

- Tell me which desktop and which qt3 theme you are using.

Thanks in advance.

> BTW, an other strange effect, maybe from the same root case:
> Take the same sample but make all the columns editable (otherwise the first
> bug doesn't let you see the second :-)
>
> 1. When you start the app. then the whole table is visible. In this case -
> after clicking into a cell - keep pressed the right arrow. it works fine,
> it goes through all the cells (left-to-right and at after the last col it
> goes down with one line).
> 2. Do the same but after starting the app, resize the form on a way that
> you can see only 4 or 5 lines. Do the same as in the previous trial (right
> arrow). As soon as you arrive to a line which is originally invisible,
> you'll get a "null object" error message.
> If you move only top-bottom then no error message.
>
> Same as for the first bug: if you use gb.gtk or gb.gui then it works well,
> only issue with the gb.qt components.

This is apparently some strangeness in qt, as when you move the editor outside
of the view, it is hidden. But then, it keeps having the focus (it receives
the keyboard events), which should not be possible! I will investigate...

Benoît Minisini