[Gambas-user] Question about some simple code enterin' data

piramix at ...178... piramix at ...178...
Thu Oct 14 21:44:26 CEST 2010

Thanks Tobi for your quick reply.
With TextBox_KeyPress() I manage the insertion of numbers. But I need
to display both scores before the data entry.
The example you gave me with the serial numbers is exactly what I need.
Let's say -as another posibility- that I'd like to enter a date in a
format "mm/dd/yyyy"... I need to show both slashes before entering data
and, while typing numbers, I need to move between characters
automatically.
I'd like some code as an example just to figure out howto manage it.
Hope to be clear  with my explanation.
Thanks again.
Wait 4Ur answer.
Pablo.

-----Original Message-----
From: tobias <tobiasboe1 at ...20...>
Sent: Thu, Oct 14, 2010 3:51 pm
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Question about some simple code enterin' data

-----
> Spend less time writing and  rewriting code and more time creating
great
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/beautyoftheweb
hi,
i think you want make one single textbox to display some sections of
numbers e.g. like a serial numbern, with some - between the sections??
or what do you mean?
if this is the case, you may implement a TextBox_KeyPress() event to
handle each keypress and if one section is complete, insert your
separator (e.g. "-"), this way you also may prevent the insertion of
chars which shouldn't be part of the pattern.

regards,
tobi